Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is the KISS Army still recruiting?

KISS is a band I've basically ignored for most of my life. After listening to some recent downloads (live versions of "Deuce" and "Strutter" from the album Alive!), I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to get into some early KISS stuff. It's pretty easy to see why nearly every American teenager in the 1970's was nutso over these guys.

On the completely opposite end of the musical spectrum, the Method Man's 1994 album Tical is "mad dope", to use the parlance of our times. I've just recently rediscovered this gem. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to go listen to Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). R.I.P. O.D.B..

8 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Gis it is said…

    I think you should skip a step and get into this Kiss tribute band of midgets, "Minikiss":

    http://www.minikissonline.com/Pictures.php

    I know "midgets" is not politically correct, but neither are you.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Umm, no.

    However, if they ever form a Mini-Ramones, I'd be all over that.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Graeme said…

    Strutter will be on Guitar Hero 2. Jam!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    How are ya Iain??? The masses are wondering, and hoping it is good news....KISS needs you dude.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haven't you heard? He passed away on Oct. 11.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Yes, I have heard...my comment was from a month ago. RIP Iain. You will be missed. My deepest sympathies to any friends or family who read this - and especially to Kathryn.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger sophia rose said…

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jony Mehar said…

    if you want sad material and funny clips please click the hyper link keyword and like my page plz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home