Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back in la casa m├ędica...

So I'm back in the hospital, undergoing Part B of my new chemo regimen. I should be back out sometime next week, just in time to not help my girlfriend and her small army of makeshift movers settle into our new apartment. I'll be helping in spirit though, I can assure you...

Things are going alright I suppose. I can expect my counts to drop pretty severely from this chemo, but that is nothing new to me. Hopefully I'll recover from it quickly so that we can get moving on the bone marrow transplant.

A quick bit of selfish griping before I get back to my deluxe suite: How does Capital Health have the gall to call today's lunch chicken salad? I'm sorry, but a few bits of mystery chicken meat drenched in mayonaisse-type product does not a salad make, says I. It's enough to make one beg for the chicken crock pot...

3 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Gise!!e said…

    You'll eat the chicken salad and you'll like the chicken salad. You think that wasn't prepared for you with loving hands?? [in a giant vat with surplus army mayo]

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger mike said…

    you need someone to bring you in a Bluth Cornballer. but be careful...dem shits'll scald ya.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger suz said…

    at least it was nearly regognizable as chicken. in Tai Pei lenny and i spent most meals trying to figure out if the contents were animal, vegetable, or 'other'.

    that, and hoping that the random cats walking around on the tables weren't also being cooked out back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home