Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, May 19, 2006

Lions, and tigers, and CAT scans, oh my!

Yesterday I had my CAT scan, as well as a few other surprises. Some notes:

- Gastrografin should be renamed "ASStrografin", because that is exactly what it tastes like.
- When the CAT scan machine says to you (yes, the machine talks) "DO NOT SWALLOW", you should listen. Seriously.
- Hospital gowns are quite possibly the most unflattering garments in the world.
- They surprised me yesterday by taking a bone marrow sample from my hip. And yes, that is every bit as enjoyable as it sounds.

I'm feeling okay, and I'm meeting again with my doctor on Tuesday to go over some of the preliminary results. Things seem to be moving fast, so that is good.

On the non-cancer front, today is mine and Kathryn's one-year anniversary. We're going out for Thai food and then going to see The Da Vinci Code. This movie is going to be HUGE. I talked to 3 different people in the hospital yesterday who had just started reading the book, in preparation for going to see the movie.

Also, tomorrow's plans include going to this place. I'm going to try to sneak home a lemur as a pet.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    Hey trooper

    I'm reading the Davinci Code right now and it is soooooooooo good...I've heard a lot of mumblings that the movie won't be as good, but I'm hopeful. It does have Tom in it after all :)

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    the movie is balls.

    big sucky balls.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Gise!!e said…

    Who would have thought the Bettie Page movie would be better than the Davinci Code?? What if Snakes on a Train sucks too? This could be a long summer. :(

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Gise!!e said…

    Plane -- I meant snakes on a plane! Why do I keep screwing up references like an embarassing parent?!?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger lora said…

    eeee! oaklawn farm is one of my favourite places! so good! you will have so much fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home