Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Adventures In The $3.99 Bin

Check out the awesome VHS movies I picked up over the weekend:

A Fistful Of Dollars: Clint Eastwood, Sergio Leone, westerns, gunfights... What more do you want?

Psycho: Psycho is essentially an uplifting tale of a boy who loves his mother. It's the feel-good hit of the summer.

And finally, the pièce de résistance,

Death Race 2000: What can you say about a movie that has this as its tagline: "In The Year 2000 Hit And Run Driving Is No Longer A Felony. It's The National Sport!"? This is a classic, and is a must have for anybody who is into David Carradine, Roger Corman, or death racing. Although, if you are into death racing, may I suggest that you enter into some kind of counselling first before seeing this movie.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger mike said…

    and let's not forget that Death Race 2000 also houses Mr. Stallone's greatest performance ever.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Jon said…

    Death Race 3000 wrapped in 2005. I haven't heard anything other than that.

    I'll have to bring some Skittles over and watch that movie with you folks.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    According to the IMDB (and everything else I've read), Death Race 3000 hasn't even hit the casting or production stage yet. Paul W.S. Anderson is supposedly (or was) working on it (he of Alien VS. Predator fame). He's also apparently writing the film adaption of Castlevania. In honour of the game, I think he should make the movie entirely side-scrolling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home