Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yes, There Are People Who Still Buy CDs...

Some compact discs I've picked up in the last little while:

Editors - "The Back Room" - Some British dudes. I just picked it up, so I haven't really listened to it yet, but what I heard in the listening post at HMV was good. Although, if I hear one more band compared to Joy Division, I'll plotz. Every new buzz band that comes out does not necessarily sound like Joy Division, despite what every music critic wants you to believe.

The Ramones - Road To Ruin
The Ramones - End Of The Century - This means that I now have the first 5 five studio albums by The Ramones. And yes, I know that one Ramones album sounds just like the next Ramones album, but with a formula as good as they had, who could blame them? Gabba gabba hey, indeed.

The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity - This is a long way from "Lovefool", let me tell ya. I have listened to this one too much, but each time I do it grows a little bit on me. Also, not to play the ogling male or anything, but Nina Persson is, as my good friend Paris would say, "Totally hot."

Del tha Funky Homosapien - The Best of Del tha Funky Homosapien: The Elektra Years - Hip hop don't make 'em like this anymore. A good compilation of one of my favorite rappers.

Eric B. & Rakim - Gold - Hip hop definitely don't make 'em like this anymore. Aside from a few questionable song choices, this is what the jacket says it is: GOLD.

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. - It's The Boss, fer crissakes.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous chris said…

    sucker,

    aojhotm

    chris

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    I'm a nerd CD collector, my friend. I need to have the disc, case, and liner notes in my sweaty little hands.

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger lora said…

    a born in the usa fella eh? i was always more of a 'born to run' girl myself.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Nicole Richie said…

    Paris is about as much your friend as she is mine.

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Gise!!e said…

    Iain, it's bon. Bon in the USA. And unless you've heard it played there at a stadium on the fourth of July (July fourth) with fireworks going off and flags waving, you have no idea how truly creepy it is.

    If you like this song, you may also like: "Living in America" (James Brown) and "Coming to America" (Neil Diamond.)

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Giselle - Any American who plays Born in the U.S.A. at a frigging Fourth of July celebration is totally missing the point. The song is being sung from the viewpoint of a disenfranchised Vietnam veteran, not a Ra-Ra-Ra flag-waving American patriot. Oh well. "Living In America" is one of my least favorite James Brown songs.

    Nicole - You look sick. Eat a sammich. Okay, bye.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home