Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Odds & Ends

- I enjoyed watching the Junos on the telly Sunday, despite the inherit lameness that all award shows possess. Pamela Anderson should know better than to make seal clubbing jokes in a province full of fishermen. Jann Arden's crack about her bra being made of baby seal eyelids was pretty funny. Hedley proved my rant about them was spot on by delivering a fugly performance. I think the singer might have some kind of nervous system disorder or something.

- The Detroit Tigers for World Series champs in '06. 1-0 baby. Only 161 more games to go.

- Dylan Moran is a funny guy. Like, really funny.

- I got new shoes. These shoes, to be exact. In black. They is comfy.

- Ketchup chips are good to eat.

- Cab drivers in this city are INSANE IN THEIR MEMBRANES. I'd like to get to my destination in one piece, sir. This isn't the Dakar Rally.

- I finally joined the rest of civilization and began reading The DaVinci Code. So far, I like.

- I bought a cheap-ass crib board. I can finally start embracing my true Cape Breton heritage. Next order of business: buying some Bingo markers and learning Tarbish.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous chris said…

    so yeah, you were definately right on the Headly thing... the lead singer appears to give lots of headly to older gentlemens... his emo mick jagger walk made me want to punch the tv... PUNCH IT... also the black eyed peas killed Pulp Fiction for me... i can't hear the theme without thinking of the Queer eyed peas, which makes me think of lady lumps, which makes me wanna dance,actually it makes me wanna jump off a roof, i offically hate em... crystal was down in the pit part where all the people were standing by the stage, she had a good time... and what the fuck did ColdPlay Chris give brian adams a life time acheivement award for... jesus christ, who came up with that... umm there's no notable canadians in the crowd tonight so lets get this britishfly by nighter soon to be obscure rip on radio head lead singer,whose never heard of brian adams to give him the award... fuck sakes, it woulda made more sence for Jay Wong to give it to him... as jay is more musically gifted and more candian, although less chineese than Mr Adams... anyway yeah... cool kicks


    chris

    rexpgxg

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Some insightful commentary, Mr. MacSween. I too was upset when I heard that Fergie and Her Merry Men sampled Misilou on that new song of theirs. And yes, Jay Wong should have presented the award to Adams instead of Mr. Paltrow. Actually, Jay Wong should have his own award show. The Jay Wong Awards ("The Wongies", or the "J.Wo's", for short). I'd pay to see that.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous chris said…

    k iain you've just changed his name.. you realize this... J-Wo is briliant... lolololololololol i don't know how any of us haven't thought of that up to this point... poor misguided cockasian jason... ping chow peau... j-wo hahahahaha.... you are brilliant iain... now you see, you did what you do best (make fun of j-wo {hehehehehe}) and i'm gonna do what i do best (eat doritos and gigle at your genious) and i guess we'll see...

    chris


    zhwupb

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger suz said…

    the davinchi code is kind of shit. there are other books that tell a very similar story in with much better writing. dan brown likes to follow a basic paint-by-numbers style and it gets to me. but it's an easy read.

    personally, i recommend "Focoult's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco, instead. still templar/grail mythology but mixed with mathematics and a crazier story.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    The DaVinci code is everything I thought I would be. Easy to read, fast paced, full of credible sounding but dubious historical facts, plot twists, red herrings. I just finished it this morning. I enjoyed it.

    I've been meaning to read The Name Of The Rose and Foucault's Pendulum by Eco. I'll have to pick them up.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    I'm thinking of awards Jay could give out on the J.Wo's. All I could come up with is the Jay Wong Lifetime Achievent Award for Chronic Lateness.

    Remember when he had to meet the bus at the Red Barn? We were just talking about that the other day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home