Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Until We Meet Again...

I started my new chemo drugs today, which means that as of right now, and for the next 30 weeks or so, I am BOOZE FREE. When the Precautions section of the drug pamphlet says DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL in big, bold letters, that kind of gets your attention. C'est la vie. So it looks like St. Patrick's day on Friday will be full of ginger ale instead of ALE ale. Meh. Maybe if I look at it as 30 hangover-free weeks, it will make the situation a little less depressing.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    I'll drink one for ya buddy,
    I am in Ireland afterall...how often does a person get to spend st. Paddy's day in the home os st. paddy?!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This frigging cancer. I mean at first it was just a mild inconvenience. Now you can't drink on your favorite day of the year. Now it's gone too far!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home