Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, March 03, 2006

Music Sucks, Chapter The Second

Bear with me a while I vent about another horrible pop group that I've seen a lot of lately: Hedley.

These sissyboys represent everything that is lame, corporate, and safe about modern day popular music. Hedley make emo bands look like Slayer. I bet 13 year old girls just can't get enough of this pap. Hedley is basically "rock n' roll that even Mom could enjoy". Some people may see these pantywaists as heartfelt, idealistic young people, carving out there own niche of the rock world with their hearts on their sleeves. Those people should be rounded up and beaten with phonebooks. Hedley are the quintessential "mall band", in that you could easily imagine being subjected to their whiny wheedleings in any number of mall stores, such as The Gap, Le Chateau, Hot Topic, etc., etc..

To top it off, the front "man" (the term "man" being used in the loosest of senses here) of this band used to be on Canadian Idol. Nuff said.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    OK, dissing Hedley I can handle, their bubble-gum punk is a bit embarrasing. But dissing Jacob?? Now you've crossed a line!! He sung "Put Your Head on My Shoulder", AND wore tight pants!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home