Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well, It Sounded Like A Good Idea At The Time...

The old, slightly beer-gutted version of me would have polished off that donair plate last night without batting an eye. The new, lean-and-mean version of me barely finished half of it before succumbing to the dreaded "meat sweats". Oh, the times they are a-changin'.

What is the donair plate, you ask? Well, it's kind of like poutine as envisioned by a crazed wizard in a tower. Take a layer of french fries, top with a mound of donair meat, onions, and tomatoes, add a generous helping of donair sauce, then finish the whole mess with a generous (and I do mean generous) helping of mozzarella cheese. Add to this the fact that a Saluzzo's small donair plate could easily feed 2 or 3 people, and you have an idea of what I was up against last night.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Crystal and Chris said…

    One word Iain... Gross.

    Chris' one word was... mmmmcrazywizardmess

    That is all.. oh congrats on the werk, create the chaos, be the chaos.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    I must agree .... Gross. Disgusting even.

    Although the donair sauce part sounds good. Grego garlic fingers with donair sauce was tasty. They don't have greco up here.

    (If you're not eating square pizza, who's eating your corners?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home