Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, February 23, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

Good Things I've Seen/Ingested/Generally Had Some Kind Of Contact With This Week

- Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom Soup: In my book, there is absolutely no better way to dress up a pork chop.
- Tuna Salad with Apples: I'm warning you Kathryn: if you keep making me such good lunches, I'll never make a lunch for myself again.
- Heathers: I just got this on DVD this week. Best use of fake teen slang in a film ever. Also, Christian Slater was fucking channeling the spirit of Jack Nicholson for the entire movie. Well, you could probably say that about ANY Christian Slater performance, I suppose.
- Scallop Chow Mein: Thank you, Great Wall Restaurant, for making such delectable chow mein. And the delivery guy actually had no trouble finding the door to my apartment, which seems to be a monumental task for most delivery people.
- NES Roms: Thank the computer gods for emulation, for now I can play Ice Hockey and Super Mario Bros. 2 till my heart's content.

Bummer Of The Week:

Team Canada loses its quarterfinal game against Russia. Bummer. Well, at least the women's team won gold, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Well, you could probably say that about ANY Christian Slater performance, I suppose."

    Have you seen Alone in the Dark? :p

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    My PhD advisor uses Heathers in her developmental psych class. I still haven't watched it, but I just put it on hold at the library.

    And don't forget about Dr. Mario! We got a second controller just so we could play that against each other.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home