Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, February 13, 2006

Expand Your Mind, Maaaaan...

I bumped into a couple of "nu-hippies" on the escalator at work today, and my thoughts immediately turned to this song by my most favorite of bands, Ween.

"Hippy Smell", by Ween

Got th' hippy smell
She lives in Atlanta, Georg-ay
Ahh yeah I said
Hippy smell, only I can't tell
Patcholi oil, sixties hell
You're not real, and you're not surreal
Can't you tell, hippy smell

Can't you tell...
She's got the hippy smell, ladies and gentleman
It smelled of patcholi oil on the brain
She's got the Grateful Dead posters hanging up in the house everywhere
She smokes the clove cigarettes
She says, "I wish I lived in the sixties
Because those were really neat times"
Well, I have a thing for ya, you know you wouldn't wanna be alive
In the sixties 'cause there was a lotta shit happenin'
And ya probably woulda, ya know,
Your hippy little ass probably woulda gotten killed or something
Goddamn shitface


Great little song, don't ya think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home