Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, November 07, 2005

Old And Busted: Chef Boyardee

New Hotness: Me

Final Verdict on "Iain's Meatier Than Meaty Super Fantastic Pa' Scetti Sauce":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wanna make it yourself? Wha, you think you're betta than me? Here's what I did:

First, I sauteed some celery, carrots and onions in oil, until they were soft (that's what us chefs call a "mirepoix"). Then I added the meat (1 pound extra lean ground beef, 3/4 of a pound of lean ground pork, and about 1/4 of a pound of sweet Italian sausage), and browned it off. While the meat was browning, I dumped in a few cloves of minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, and some crushed red pepper flakes. Once the meat was browned, I drained off the fat and added a 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes, a 19-oz can of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, and some red wine (about a glass or so). After that, I just let the mess simmer for a few hours, stirring and tasting every now and again. And that was that.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger wyn said…

    wow, that sounds really awesome. i don't think i can work with that much meat but you've given me ideas for the extras (the spices, and wine) that i could add to my sauce next time!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous chris said…

    i think you peed in it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home