Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, November 04, 2005

Of Meatsauce And Men...

I can't wait until tomorrow. After an early (and I do mean early) trip to the farmer's market for some provisions, and then maybe a stop at Pete's Frootique to pick up whatever I can't find at the market, I plan on spending the better part of the afternoon cooking up a batch of spaghetti sauce, of the meaty variety. This is going to be an all day jobby, and I ain't fooling around. Ground beef and pork (and maybe Italian sausage, if the mood strikes me), onions, garlic, a good can of Italian tomatoes (it's actually worth paying an extra dollar for a can imported from Italy, believe me), red wine, a few hours of simmering to enhance the flavour, all that nonsense. I think that tonight I'm going to bust out the Ouji board and call upon the spirit of a long-dead Italian grandma to come in and possess my soul for a few hours. It will be the kind of meal that gangsters partake of while planning their next hit. Fuggedahboutit.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    Say hello to my little friend. How was the meatsauce?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home