Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Is there much cuttlefish flavour in this soda?

Here is a blog chronicling one brave soul's journey through the mystical wonderland that is Japanese snack food.

Make a point to take a few minutes out of your day and read some of these. It's funny stuff. I've been thinking about doing something like this as well, seeing as how there is an Asian grocery store just down the street from me. I'm not sure I have the constitution for this sort of thing, though. Maybe I'll start by reviewing weird British food. Baby steps.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Giselle said…

    My parents' exchange students brought me back some pretty weird candy from China. Apparently they don't have the same "candy should be sweet" rule we have here. This, I think, makes them progressive in comparison! Or disgusting. Anyway one was shrimp flavoured, another corn flavoured, and then there were these strange chalky round candies that looked like tums but had a smiling cow on the wrapper. Thankfully there was no cow in the candies but rather powdered milk condensed into a tablet. As good as it sounds.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Where ya been Iain?????

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Shannon said…

    I recently went to a Chinese grocery store here in toronto and wanted to try something completly different. I looked and looked for something that I had never tasted let alone heard off and that's when I found preserved eggs. Let us just say that I took one bite, threw up, and then had to contend with the taste of rotten eggs in my mouth for a day and a half. 'Nuff said.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Shawn Gillis said…

    Hey Ian,

    My name is Shawn (Gillis) Gearin. My Great Grandfather is Malcolm H Gillis. I attended the family reunion last year- I saw a post on your blog for the 31st of July. I found it doing a search relating to Gillis genealogy. Were you at the reunion. My parents are Malcolm and Terri Gillis and Malcolm's father was John (Jack)A Gillis who's father was Malcolm H. I have a web site you may find interesting it's new but I always want to add to it if you have anything to include.

    http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/gearingillis

    So who are your parents? By the way I also have the lastest Shatner CD- I like it and I thought I was the only one. Talk to you later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home