Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I am not the monkey.

So my girlfriend had a strange dream last night, and I feel that I must share it all with you, to clear up any future misconceptions. In her dream, there was a white, gangly monkey, and this monkey was terrorizing Kathryn. This monkey would bite her and generally was being a little bastard, but whenever anybody was around and looking at it, it would act all nice. The monkey was owned by friends of Kathryn, but no matter where she was, or who she was with, the monkey was there. It kept on changing hands, moving from friend to friend, haunting poor Kathryn all the way. While trying to dissect the dream this morning, we both came upon a disturbing thought: since I wasn't in the dream, maybe the monkey was a representation of me. Maybe it was me all along, giving her a hard time and then acting all nice around her friends. Let me state something here for the record:

I AM NOT THE MONKEY!

I am going to get a t-shirt made with that on it. I think that Kathryn is the monkey, and I was represented by Kathryn in the dream. She thinks that's rubbish. Well, that's just like, her opinion, man.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Whatever you need to tell yourself, Monkey-Boy.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Giselle said…

    Oh--you are SO the monkey! (J/k)

    According to my favorite dream dictionary, monkeys are a sign of deception. However the fact that it was a white monkey might entail a whole other meaning, including, but not limited to, repressed white supremecy, which I'll get to later. The fact that you were not in the dream is probably because i actually had a dream a few nights ago that you moved to Mexico with a guy I knew from Winnipeg (ergo you are now living in Mexico in dream land world.)

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger mike said…

    listen Iain, just because you went to "Academy" doesn't mean you have to take any guff from Crooks.
    be the monkey.
    you deserve it.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Dare I "embrace the monkey"? Much thought and meditation is needed here. A spiritual quest might be in order.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Oh, and one more thing:

    GO WILDCATS!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous kathryn said…

    i can't believe there is such a thing as a dream alibi.

    also: iain takes all and any guff...just like you did.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous chris said…

    Iain, can i be the monkey... Please, i love frollicing in the rain forrests of Peru.... i hear they throw poop and i can throw poop with the best of em, and cymbols, christ i can bang the shit outa them and look creepy doing it.... and i would look wonderful in one of those shriners hats... i'll even dance for money with some guy from Moracco playing a pump organ on the streets of Khattar... can i please be the monkey.... ahhh to hell with it... i'm to lazy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home