Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, November 14, 2005

Getting sauced over the long weekend...

For lack of anything better to post, here is a recipe for an easy red clam sauce I made over the weekend. I should probably give some credit to TV chef Michael Smith and his show, which gave me the idea for this. Coincidentaly, my girlfriend is totally in love with this dude and his show (despite the fact that he sometimes wears a ponytail, the saddest of all male hairstyles), and he's going to be in Halifax on Wednesday for some sort of book signing/cooking demo thing. I fully expect that she will take off with him to his P.E.I. home and leave me here alone, crying into my sub-celebrity chef clam sauce. Such is life, I suppose.

Iain's Baco-tastic Red Clam Sauce

Start off by cooking some chopped up bacon. I used some Italian bacon, pancetta. Once the bacon is browned, take it out of the pan, reserve the drippings (mmmm, drippings), and saute some chopped onion and garlic in them until the mess is lightly golden in colour. Dump in a can of diced tomatoes, and the liquid from one can of clams. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer away. Add the bacon back into the sauce, along with the clams, salt, pepper, and whatever other herbs and spices your little heart desires (stay away from cinnamon though... I don't think that would work). I also added a chopped up roasted red pepper, for shits and giggles. Put the pasta on (don't forget to salt the water), cook it, drain the pasta (don't rinse the pasta, or the sauce won't stick to it), toss with sauce, eat, then phone up your local East Side Mario's and tell them that their fridge is running and they better go and catch it.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i don't want to date michael smith, silly. i just want to stalk him.

    -kathryn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home