Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, October 21, 2005

I Like Soup

I'd just like to take a quick second here to give a shout out to Maureen, the manager of the Second Cup at the Dalhousie Computer Science building. For those not in the know, my girlfriend works there as a coffee lady (or barrista, if you prefer), and Maureen is her immediate supervisor/boss lady (or uber-barrista, if you prefer). Maureen decided that she wanted to help me out in some way, and that way ended up being keeping me supplied with a free lunch whenever my little heart desired one.

Basically, I can get anything I want for free, including soups, sandwiches, cookies, and more, excluding any products that are inventoried (these include brand name products, like Doritos, V-8 juice, bottled water, etc.). This is quite awesome. The soup is my usual freebie. For dehydrated soups, they have a ton of great ones. Today was Spicy Louisiana Chicken Gumbo. Delish. Chili, Cream Of Broccoli, Chicken Noodle, Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper, all good.

So, thanks to Maureen and her generous nature (and to Kathryn, who kept me well supplied in Second Cup goodies over the summer, and usually ends up serving me here every day anyways). Soup is rad. The end.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Soup rocks.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger wyn said…

    free food rocks.
    all i got as far as second cup in csb was one of the women remembering what i drink and what size. that's all.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of those Second Cup employees are wicked cool. Whenever I'm at UBC, I go into their Second Cup and I'm always disappointed that it's not those CSB Second Cup people.

    Dan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home