Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cheeese, Gromit!

Go out and see Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit. Right now. This movie is good. Yes.

In other news, my radiologist has put me on a new drug to counteract the vicious headaches and nausea I was feeling all week: Decadron. This is another corticosteroid, like the Prednisone I was on during the beginning of my treatment. It seems to be working, as I can now sit up for more than five minutes without feeling crippling head pains, so that's a plus. Hopefully it will continue to work until my radiation treatment is over (this Friday is my last day). After my radiation, I then start another round of heavy chemo on the 18th. Woopdie doo.

Oh, and here's a little blurb for any drug retailers out there: ENOUGH WITH THE FRIGGING MARK-UPS! On Friday, when I was picking up my Decadron perscription, I also had to pick up some Zantac to counteract any stomach upset or indigestion that the Decadron may have caused. If I was to buy the Zantac at the regular pharmacy, it would cost roughly $40 or so. Luckily for me, a friendly social worker from the hospital gave me a referral to the Metro Drug Dispensery at the IWK, so that I can purchase some of my drugs there at cost. The final cost for my Zantac? $9. That's it. I would have ended up paying more than four times that price at the pharmacy. It kind of makes me feel like I entered the wrong field in life. How do you drug company executives sleep at night? Oh wait, let me guess... "On top of a pile of money, with many beuatiful ladies." Bah.

Oh, and Kathryn just told me to write something nice about her, so here goes: Kathryn keeps me well stocked in the lime popsicle department. That is very nice of her.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    This is just a test of Blogger's new Word Verification anti-spam feature. I apologize for making you guys do a bit of extra typing when you post comments here, but this should cut down on the amount of automated spambots flooding my comments with useless links.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Giselle said…

    My Mom was in pharmaceutical sales for three years. I don't think she slept on piles of money with beautiful ladies, but I'll ask her. I don't think she'll be sending any more chocolate cake your way though.

    How nice of the IWK to tip you off on how to save on drugs...couldn't they have done that sooner? That is really disgusting that there's that much of a mark-up. ANd I'm glad you have the new anti-spam feature, although it will block out the people trying to sell you drugs from their online pharmacies (which you could probably use right now) =)

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    hey buddie,
    hope the head meds work for you. Lots o' love from Ireland.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home