Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, October 20, 2005

All Is Well

Chemo went well on Tuesday. I've felt okay since, with only a little bit of vomiting going on, mostly related to the taking of the my cyclophosphamide tablets. One dose of this drug consists of 15 50 mg tablets at a time, so for somebody like me who hates taking pills, it's a struggle to keep them all down. Everything I've read on the drug though says that it can be taken intravenously, so I think I might start begging my doctor to try that method. We shall see.

I'm also testing out some new facial hair this week: the goatee. I'm still not sure about it. I'll have to take it out in public and see how people react to it, I suppose.

The excitement never stops with me, I tells ya.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Kelly said…

    I have a hard time taking pills sometimes too. Here is a trick someone taught me. It works better with the caplet kinds with the little beads inside, since they float better, but it often works with regular pills too. Instead of putting the pill in your mouth before the water, take a drink of water first, but don't swallow it. Then tip your head forward and slip the pill in between your lips. If the pill will float at all, it will float up to the top of the water at the back of your mouth. Then you tip your head back upright and swallow. If it works right, you don't feel the pill on your tongue or in your throat at all, so you don't really realize that you've swallowed it. Like I said, it doesn't always work with regular pills, but it sometimes works better than doing it the regular way.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger ll coolbreeze said…

    test out your new goatee at gus' pub tonight.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Sorry I missed the birthday show last night Stpehan. I am going to try to make it out to the show on the 29th though. Happy belated birthday anyways, bucko.

    Thanks for the tip Kelly. I'll give it a shot next time and see if it works better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home