Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, September 19, 2005

Free At Last, Free At Last!

For the first time in a few months, I am IV free. My Hickman line was removed during my last hospital stay, and my temporary IV was taken out last night after my last dose of antibiotics. I'm going to take 15 showers today. Ah, the things you "normals" take for granted. I suggest you all try this at least once: try showeing with a Ziplock bag taped to your chest with "waterproof" tape (that isn't actually waterproof), trying your best to wash yourself with one hand while facing away from the shower nozzle. That is the joy of trying to take a shower with a Hickman line attached to you. While I did experience some slight separation anxiety for a few minutes after it was removed, I can't say that I miss having that damned thing hanging off of me.

Oh yeah, and a happy 4-month anniversary shout out to my lovely girlfriend Kathryn. I'll take you out to Arby's for the Five For Five deal. Loves ya.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous kathryn said…

    awww. save them fancy grits for our one year, darlin'.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to read your post over again because the first time I thought it said "I am HIV free" and i thought wow, first the flu, then cancer, then aids??

    Congrats on the good riddance of the hickman line, and on the anniversary! while you're at Arby's you'll be awfully close to Sackville, so you might as well get some Hella's fish and chips too.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger suz said…

    aw, no more drugs straight into the blood stream?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home