Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, August 05, 2005

Zofran? We don't need no steenking Zofran!

My second chemo treatment was today. It was lighter than last week's, in that I just received one IV chemo drug (Vincristine), as opposed to two (the vincristine, and some long-named red stuff that turned my urine a nice shade of pink). The good thing is that nausea isn't a side effect of the vincristine, so this means that this week should go even smoother than last week. Another bonus is that I shouldn't have any need to take my super-expensive anti-nausea medication, Zofran, for a while. I'm not sure how much it actually costs, since I was given my first month of pills for free, but one nurse mentioned something along the lines of $30 a pill or some such crazy shit. Kind of makes you want to get into the pharmaceutical business. If I can help it, I'm sticking with cheepo over the counter Gravol, thank you very much.

In short, I'm feeling better now than I have been in over a month, and the treatment is moving ahead on schedule and with no copmplications so far. Thanks to everybody for all the well-wishes and shit. I'm out this bitch. Aight.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger wyn said…

    you're so funny :) i'm glad to hear you're handling your treatments alright so far.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Mailboxhead said…

    dude, I've been out of the loop for way too long. Back when you said you had the flu, I took your word for it and thought that was the end of it. Last time I trust you, JERK.

    Seriously though... I'm glad to hear you're doing well and keeping so positive. We gotta get the gang together for a Sealab-watching-adventure sometime in September.

    Mailboxhead Out.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    Hey,
    I had a dream about you the other night and it was cool cause you were living in some corridor (that's not the cool part) and I came to visit, (only I think I was Kathryn, also not the cool part) and we started talking and you were telling me that you were A -OK.
    So yeah, go team!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    ps: ginger is also reaaaaaaaaally good for nausea...there's also an herbal tea I think you can find in the natural food section at super store that you might want to check out :)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you don't want to dance on the ceilin', fine!!

    I am glad to hear you're feeling better :) (with or without the Zofran.)

    p.s. the mcdunnough was trying to get a hold of you yesterday. (I would give you her # here but she told me to stop posting it on the internet.) I will call you later with it.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    I stumbled on your blog at random - you rock. Visit mine if ya are so inclined, and kick some ass, Godzilla.

    http://sauerkrautinthebasement.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home