Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, August 08, 2005

"That's a pretty fucking good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty fucking good. "

I'm starting to feel a bit guilty. There is no way that someone undergoing intense chemotherarpy should be feeling as good as I do right now. I have felt better in the last few days than I have since I first started feeling sick back in early July. Ah well, I'm sure that they'll be days in the future when I won't be feeling too shit hot, so I might as well enjoy the good days now while they last.

My weekend was fantastic: Friday was dinner and a movie night with Kathryn (my girlfriend and occasional homecare nurse, for those not in the know), Saturday was a Bayer's Lake shopping excursion in the afternoon, with another movie and late-night snack in the evening. Sunday, myself and the little lady went out for some brunch and then down to the waterfront to soak up some busker action. However, the best part wasn't actually the buskers, but the super cool carichature guy we found. When he asked us what theme we wanted for our carichature, I just threw out the idea of putting us in the scene from Pulp Fiction where Uma Thurman and John Travolta are eating $5 milkshakes and bloody-as-hell burgers in Jackrabbit Slim's. He had never drawn that scene before, but I think that the result below speaks for itself. I threw in a picture of Kathryn and I (and Kaitlin) for comparison purposes. Kathryn is the one in the pink, and I of course am the handsome motherfucker on the right. He even threw in the Ed Sullivan-impersonator MC. I was quite impressed, I must say.

If anything, this weekend has taught me that I would look abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous in a ponytail.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Sean said…

    At a health/games workshop I gave a talk at a few weeks ago, there was actually some discussion regarding the fact that people with cancer expect to feel horrid.

    There was also mentioned about how one can feel good, and then once they start feeling horrible they become demoralized and crazy stuff like that.

    Basically, what I got out of it is to not question how you are feeling, go with the flow, and keep positive.

    I applaud the choice of charicature scene.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    That's a wicked caricature. though the ponytail and the clean-shaven face really take away from the whole 'it's Iain' thing.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Zodiachus said…

    Yeah, I've been telling Kel from the very beginning that you will evolve superpowers from all that chemo. I've seen it in movies, that's how it works. Divine intervention, radioactive spiders, or as in your case, chemicals. You'll be shooting laser beams from your eyes in no time.

    Seriously, take the opportunity to evolve like you've never done before.

    // Henrik (a.k.a. the Swede)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home