Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Old And Busted: Live Aid

New Hotness: Lymphomapalooza

This Saturday! Be there ! Be There! BE THERE! Saturday, Saturday, SATURDAY! Come for the bands, stay for the Lymphomapalooza Solid Gold Dancers and TRUCKASAURUS!

Saturday, August 27th
The One World Cafe, 2412 Agricola St, Halifax, NS
featuring:
Windom Earle
Juan Love
Hot.Shot.Robot.
7 PM
$3

On unrelated news, yesterday I made a totally kick-ass black bean soup and some jalapeno cornbread. I'm beginning to think that I missed my calling in life. If I thought for a minute that I could handle the stress of working in a busy restaurant kitchen, I would start training to become a chef in a heartbeat. Maybe I could just skip working in the restaurant business, and move straight onto getting my own cooking show. All Things Food And Boozy, with Master Chef Iain Gillis. I like the sound of that.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger lora said…

    i'm there and i'm bringing friends.

    (well i'm trying to. it will be sweet.)

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Goody gumdrops.

    Yeah, it should be quite the hootenanny.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    in my experience, all you need to be a chef is to be a pervert.
    Really.

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Chels said…

    You should make and publish your own cookbook...

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Kay said…

    Can I have the recipe for the jalapeno cornbread?

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger ll coolbreeze said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger ll coolbreeze said…

  • At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Kelly Belly said…

    Hey - I hope Lymphomapalooza went great! My sister's stagette party was tonight, otherwise I would have tried to come up. My sister raised $50 selling suckers off her shirt, so hopefully you did better than that! I bet it was a great time too. the bees knees. Nighty night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home