Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Idle Hands Are The Devil's Playground, Or Some Such Nonsense

I'm starting to get used to this non-working thing. With all this free time on my hands, I'm becoming quite the productive little person. I've been perfecting my cooking skills for one. Some of the highlights from the past few weeks: African Peanut-Pineapple Stew, Spicy Cajun Skillet Beans (both courtesy of my brand new Moosewood Restaurant cookbook), and some awesome Chicken and Bean Burritos, courtesy of my new slow-cooker. As I type this, my slow cooker is currently at work cooking up some Greek-style chicken with couscous. I'm thinking about starting my own cooking show: The Slow Cooking Cancer Patient. The title may need some work, but we're still only in the planning stages.

Also, I've been busy at work in an attempt to digitize my music collection. Yes, I am a huge nerd. Some random thoughts on that:

- I bought a bunch of electronica CDs in the mid-to-late-90's that are complete shit (Exit Planet Dust by the Chemical Brothers is still listenable, though).

- I don't own any Rick James albums. This needs to be rectified.

- My Parliament Greatest Hits CD is lonely. I needs some more Parliament/Funkadelic in there.

- My late-70's British punk collection is getting to be quite respectable. I just need some Jam, Wire, and maybe some Adverts to fill it out.

- I sometimes forget how awesome Public Enemy were. Whenever I catch a 50 Cent or Enimem video on TV these days, I weep for the state of hip hop.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger mike said…

    i recommend Funkadelic's 'Maggot Brain' and Parliament's 'The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein'.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't call yourself The Slow Cooking Cancer Patient. That's completely degrading.

    It should be The Cancer Patient with the Slow Cooker.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger kait said…

    I agree.

    The slow cooking cancer patient sounds like you (the cancer patient) is being cooked slowly.

    No one wants to eat that.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    Yeah, not with all that cancer in there.

    You should get a chef's hat tattooed on your skull. That would be hardcore.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    I'm stewing in my own juices right now, as a matter of fact. I think I would taste quite delightful in a nice seafood bisque or covered in a fresh marinara sauce.

    But yeah, cooking is definitely on my brain lately. Maybe I can audition for the role of Iron Chef Canadian (or even better, Iron Chef Cancer Boy).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home