Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Iain Aid 2005 (or maybe Lymphomapalooza?)

So it looks like my good friend Stephan, A.K.A. Windom Earle, has booked a venue for a benefit concert here in Halifax in honour of yours truly. I cannot begin to describe how cool this is. Whether I deserve a benefit concert in my honour is another thing, but I'll take it. As I get more information on this, I will post it here. If the date or venue changes, I'll also post that here. Either way, I encourage any of youse peoples here in the Halifax area to come out to the show. I have no idea who is playing, but I can assure you that it'll be a good time for the entire family (except maybe Grandma - her ticker might not be able to take it). I'll definitely be making an effort to attend, but that of course depends on how I am feeling that day. There have only been a small handful of days during my treatment so far that I have felt really sick, so I should be good to go then. We'll see. On another note, my brother is trying to organize a show in Sydney for me as well. Maybe we could turn this into a cross-Canada travelling revue or something.

The Date: August 27, 2005
The Place: One World Cafe
2412 Agricola St., on the corner of Agricola and West St.
The Bands: TBA
The Cost: TBA
The Time: TBA

9 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous the guy from King's with too much passion said…

    I don't know; I think there might be a Felicity re-run on that night. How important would you say this is? (J/k)

    Of course I will be there. have already started to spread the word! Love the name, btw (Lymphomapalooza) =)

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sean said…

    That sounds awesome. You know you have good friends when they will arrange a benefit concert for you.

    I can see it going cross country, seeing as how a few people you know are in different provinces at the current time. Now.... if it spread overseas, then you have hit the big time.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Mailboxhead said…

    This definitely needs to at least make a stop in Vancouver. Everyone can crash at my place.

    Or alternatively, just change the date until September so I can be there!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jon said…

    Dammit, I miss this too. By one day.

    Dammit.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Jon and/or Dillman: yeah, it is shitty that you guys won't be back yet, but that's cool. Your project for the fall should be to get on the CS Council in some capacity and organize an Iain Gillis Tribute Geek Beer. Now that I have a lappy for the time being, I can bring some good music to play (no offence to you, Jonny boy. Well, maybe a little offence.)

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jon said…

    No Ween. God help you if there's Ween.

    And I'm still holding out a ghost of a chance of me getting back sometime reasonable. I'll have to talk it over with the folks.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Mailboxhead said…

    "Your project for the fall should be to get on the CS Council in some capacity and organize an Iain Gillis Tribute Geek Beer."

    I'll make you a deal:
    I will do my best to get in a position to make that happen if (and ONLY IF) you agree to sing a cover of Fett's Vette. That way, everyone wins! And it's pretty tough to find a situation in which you can sing Fett's Vette in front of a crowd of people and still win.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    Mailboxhead, we're already doing that.

    Get on your instant messenger tonight and we'll fill ya in. Word.

    Gillis, I expect the party to be bumpin' if I do end up pulling in on Sunday night instead of Saturday night.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger kait said…

    You know that I'll be there. Haven't danced around with you to Windom Earl in awhile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home