Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fetch Me My Brain Medicine

So the chemo is in full swing. I've got more chemicals and pills inside of me now than Keith Richards, but I'm feeling okay so far. The occasional spell of nausea sucks ass, but most of the time I've felt pretty good. One of my chemo drugs turned my pee pink for a day. That was sorta cool. The good thing about all of this is that I'm getting hit the hardest at the beginning, so over time my body should adjust to the treatment and deal with it better. More chemo Friday. I'm fired up.

I am Godzilla, my lymphoma is Japan.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sean said…

    Glad to see you are keeping positive.

    Show that lymphoma that nothing messes with Iain Gillis and gets away with it.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Jon said…

    Except for that one guy who messed with you and then ran away, he got away with it.

    Actually, that was the only other guy who messed with you.

    After this, only half of the things that mess with Iain Gillis will have gotten away with it.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Instant_Karma said…

    Iain, when are we going bowling?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger lora said…

    man. i'd hate to catch the strain of flu you had. that shit turns into cancer.


    i'm glad you're doing ok. :)

    best wishes,

    lora

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck tomorrow! Put that lymphoma in a coma.

    If you'd like I will bring you my Lionel Ritchie cd's next time I see you. I believe them to have healing properties. I can't get into it here. You already know too much.

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Iain. I was going to ask if you wanted me to make you one of these, perhaps in a nice pink?

    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kfancyf-chemoCap.html

    But then I found this!

    http://www.cult45.fsbusiness.co.uk/featuresjackie.html

    which I think is definitely you!

    Let me know if you're interested...

    I'm glad you're doing ok too. :)
    Good luck tomorrow.

    Kelly

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Kelly - No need for the knitting, but thanks anyways. The first sign of hair loss, I'm shaving the works and going 'au natural'. I've always wondered what I'd look like bald. The English Fry-Up does look intriguing though.

    Giselle (I assume)- Keep your Lionel Richie away from my house. I'm afraid that they would infect my quite respectable CD collection.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pfft! I was just going to bring the cd's. Not actually Lionel in person. Let's be realistic, Iain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home