Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Iain - 0, Medical Science - 1

Oopsy.

So, apparently I didn't have the flu. I'll try to make this post short and sweet, so here goes:

For those of you who don't already know, I have spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital (I was discharged on Monday). I have been diagnosed with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. Yeah yeah, I know, I was way off with that flu thing. The good news is that my chemotherapy starts on Friday, and the doctors (and myself, for that matter) are confident that I should be able to make a full recovery.

So there it is. I'm back home in my apartment now, feeling pretty good, and am postive that I'm going to kick the bejesus out of this cancer. I'll try to update the ol' blog as much as possible, so that you folks can have an idea of how I am progessing throughout my treatment. Now, if you excuse me, I have 2 weeks of Internetting to make up for.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:02 p.m., Blogger wyn said…

    wow. your attitude is that of a trooper. good luck with your treatments and take it easy.
    (came through from the cs planet)

     
  • At 10:13 p.m., Blogger Jon said…

    Welcome back to the Internet. We've missed you.

    Talk to you sometime soon. Home sometime after that. Shortly after that, pizza and video game football.

     
  • At 7:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back! And remember - You Are Not Alone: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4720179.stm

     
  • At 1:09 a.m., Anonymous mike said…

    Oh, man - I'm very sorry to hear that. I like your upbeat attitude; I wish you all the best as you beat this thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home