Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, May 06, 2005

Caught In A Mosh

So I went out and saw Death From Above 1979 last night at The Attic. I had a great time, but have a minor complaint: some people in this fair city have absolutely no moshing etiquette. Now, I realize that moshing has gone the way of the Dodo, Lollapalooza, and flannel shirts, so the "yout's of today" may not be "hip" to the various do's and don'ts of moshing. I think that these people should be rounded up, locked in a room, and be forced to read this article: WRECKTHEPLACEFANTASTIC: A Metaphysics of the Mosh Pit. WARNING: the guy who wrote this seems to be an aging hipster who likes to namedrop obscure indie-rock bands and flaunt his impressive vocabulary (that liberal arts degree has to be good for something, right?). He even refers to the movement inside a mosh pit as "Brownian motion". Right. It's a good article though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home