Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, March 04, 2005

Oh Corey, We Hardly Knew Ye

The Top 5 Corey Feldman Movies

  1. The Goonies
    Perhaps Corey's breakout role. As Clark "Mouth" Devereaux, Feldman taught us all about life, love, and the pursuit of pirate booty. When he was trying to get Chunk to do the Truffle Shuffle, he was trying to get all of us to do the Truffle Shuffle; Corey wanted all of us to realize the limitless potential we had deep inside.

  2. License To Drive
    Ah, the two Coreys on screen at the same time - a cinephile's dream! This movie taught me a valuable lesson: chicks dig dudes with cars. I have used this simple yet transcendant philosophy to guide me through some dark periods in my life; in a way, that philosophy is my I Ching.

  3. The Burbs
    Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking - technically, this was a Tom Hanks vehicle, but we all know who the real star of this little picture was. Every neighborhood should have a Ricky Butler type character living there. He was the whiskey that Irished up the coffee.

  4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    The Feldman may not have been in the guy in the turtle suit in this one, but nobody could mistake that voice. As Donatello, the "intellectual" ninja turtle, Corey had to undertake the daunting task of getting into the mind of a mutated, half-man, half-turtle, all-ninja abmomination of nature. And he did just that. But he did more. Feldman's sensitive portrayal of Donatello, especially during the scenes in which the turtles were in the country, still smarting over their defeat at the hands of the Foot Clan, showed us that their is a bit of Ninja Turtle in all of us. That, my friends, comforts me to no end.

  5. The Lost Boys
    The two Coreys, a Sutherland, vampires, the killer 80's soundtrack - what's not to like?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger kait said…

    I didn;t realize that he was the voice for the hound in "Fox and the hound"

    "I'm a hounnnnnd dog. Roo roo roo"

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger mike said…

    don't forget 'Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter' and a brief appearance in 'Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning'
    also he was in Meatballs 4.
    lucky.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home