Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, December 03, 2004

Is That A Candy Cane In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

Well, it's December, which means that the holiday season is just around the bend. Time to get all festive up in this beeatch!

The Top 5 Things I Look Forward To Each Christmas

  1. Quality Street Chocolates
    I don't think that I could visualize Christmas at the Gillis household without everybody's favorite octogonal-shaped tin of chocolatey goodness. You have to be quick though, because before you know it, the only chocolates left are those shitty orange ones. I think my mom is the only person in the world who likes those. She's such a trooper.

  2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
    The definitive holiday special, bar none. In a day and age where people like Jessica Simpson get their own holiday specials, it's nice to know that this old gem will find its way onto your T.V. at least once during the holidays.

  3. Scrooged
    This may be my second favorite holiday film. Hey, anything with Bill "Ghostbustin' ass" Murray is alright with me.

  4. The World Junior Hockey Championships
    Another staple of the Gillis household over the Christmas season. It has taken about a year to get rid of the horrible memories of the U.S. winning last year, so beating them on their home ice this year will be all the more sweet.

  5. Christmas Parties
    Ah, there's nothing like the holidays to drive people to drink. Most people's workplaces have a Christmas party, and it's fun to try to fanegle your way into as many of them as you possibly can. If there is ever a time to tell of your boss, throw up in the copy machine, and dance half-naked on a table in front of 50 co-workers, this is the time.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger kait said…

    My favorite ones are the strawberry cream and the orange cream ones

    the best is that no one in Jons family likes those ones. so I go over and gorge myself on chocolates till I vomit .

    I love it!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Ewww.

    You're an odd duck, Kaitlin.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger suz said…

    i love quality streets- i buy them every december as soon as they make it into the stores

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    It's gonna be tough this year. Since I'm going home later than usual (around the 23rd or 24th), my arsehole twin is probably gonna steal all of the good chocolates, like those thin caramel stick things or the all-chocolate green triangle thingies. Bah, humbug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home