Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Muzak

I stole this link from a friend: This Day In Music. It tells you what the No.1 U.S and U.K singles were on your birthday (or, if you're rapper 50-Cent, your "berfday"). WARNING: The page asks you for an email address, so unless you enjoy tons of spam (and who doesn't? I like spam and eggs best, myself), use a phoney email address. I suggest "guyincognito@yomommashouse.org". My birthday chart-toppers:

The U.S. No.1 on the 3rd June 1979 was... "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer
Fitting, don't you think?
The U.K. No.1 on the 3rd June 1979 was... "Sunday Girl" by Blondie
I can live with this. Much cooler than Donna Summer.


Forget what year Right Said Fred released their hit single "I'm Too Sexy"? Can't remember who the lead singer was in Bananarama? Boning up on music trivia for your next Trivial Pursuit game? The All Music Guide has got the hook up. Holla.


In local music news, Slowcoaster is finally putting out a new CD. Buy it. That is all.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger kait said…

    Just one word.....mmmbop

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Look, it's not my fault that MmmBop was the No.1 on my 18th birthday. At least it wasn't "Independant Woman" like one of my co-workers. It could have been much worse.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger kait said…

    It is your fault

    All your fault.

    The world has you to blame for the travesty that is mmmmbop

     

Post a Comment

<< Home