Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Thursday Is The New Friday

Since tomorrow will be spent driving home with Pa for the Thanksgiving and whatnot, I figure I'll get my weekly list out of the way early. And I'm out this bitch till Tuesday.

Top 5 Things I Am Thankful For

  1. My Job
    It's hard to imagine that this time last year I was in the midst of training at Teletech, one of this fine city's many call centers. It was the last stop on my quest to break the Guiness record for "Most Call Centers Worked At In One Year". I refer to those 8 months of my life after graduation as the The Dark Age. Fuck call centers.

  2. My New Apartment
    I've been living on my own for over a month now, and I must confess: I am loving this shit. Don't get me wrong, I've had fairly decent luck when it comes to roomates and all, but after 7 years of roomates I can safely say that I won't be doing the roomate-thang in the forseeable future. Now I finally have the privacy to really make some progress in that manifesto I've been writing...

  3. Turkeys
    Here's to those brave birds, who valiantly give up their lives so that I can eat well once or twice a year. An honourable mention also goes to the heroic cranberries, who also lay down their lives so that I can have an appropriate side dish. And to all of my vegetarian friends out there who will be dining on tofurkey or some other such soy-based product masquerading as food, I'll be thinking of you when I'm asleep on my parents couch, full of turkey, mashed pototoes, gravy, and wine (hopefully). Pardon me while I wipe up this puddle of drool on my keyboard.

  4. Gobblefest
    A Thanksgiving tradition in ol' Cape Breton. Old friends, good bands, drunken mischief, The Windom Earle All-Stars, what more can you ask for?

  5. You
    Ah, I can't forget my faithful blog readers. It was a toss up deciding what the last list entry would be this week. It was either my blog readers, or the new Guacamole flavoured Doritos. Man, those Doritos are some good though, ain't they? Boy howdy, I sure could go for some of them right about now. So tangy and spicy, mmm mmm mmm. Um, excuse me a moment...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now that we've found a way to get you out of town for once on Friday, there'll finally be alcohol for the rest of us at the Geekbeer.

    The webtender post has inspired us to create a drink called the Blue Screen of Death. We'll let you know how it turns out.

    Needless to say, a rough night just got rougher.

    -Jon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home