Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Those Were The Days

Last night was Retro Night at the The Marquee. Man, that "Oh What a Night" song, or whatever it's called, really sucks. That song should only be played at junior high dances. 10 years ago. Anyhow, all that "retro" music put me in a nostalgic frame of mind, and got us to talking about cartoons in the 80s. Ah, memories. The first one that came to my mind was Go-Bots. Go-Bots was essentially one of those cartoons created for the express purpose of hawking sweatshop-produced toys to greedy little kiddies. If you are unfamiliar with the Go-Bots, I'll put them in perspective for you: Go-Bots are essentially what your parents would buy you if they didn't feel like ponying up the cash for a Transformer (I used to always use the un-politically correct term "Welfare Transformers". Not nice, I know, but apt.). Those were the days.

On a completely unrelated note, Aliant Telecom can go and eat a bowl of dicks. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home