Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, August 13, 2004

Paraskevidekatriaphobia?

Happy Friday The 13th everyone!

5 Dumbest Bad Luck Superstitions (courtesy of Old Superstitions.com)


  1. Giving away a wedding present:
    If this is bad luck, then I'd say just about every married couple ever has had bad luck. I mean, how many blenders and punchbowls does one couple need, anyhow?

  2. Opening an umbrella indoors:
    This isn't bad luck, it's just stupid and unnecessary. Unless you have big holes in your roof. If that's the case, then you have more serious problems to think about.

  3. To pass anyone on a staircase:
    I think the only time this should be valid is for escalators. People who walk up the escalator to pass you should be in line for some serious bad luck. I mean, come on now, just let the escalator do its job, you'll get to the top soon enough, jackass.

  4. If an egg falls and it is undamaged or merely cracked:
    This doesn't portend bad luck, it just shows that you have some wicked strong eggs. I'd say that's good luck. Now, if an egg jumps out of the carton and starts to fry itself on your counter, then you're fucked. Better call the Ghostbusters.

  5. Breaking a glass while proposing a toast:
    If this happens, you're probably drunk. Sleep it off, rummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home