Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Meh.

After hearing various reports from friends about The Village, ranging from "It was great! Two thumbs up!", to "That was 2 hours of my life I can never get back.", I finally broke down and went to see it last night. The verdict? Meh.

I've seen worse movies, and I've seen better. I thought the acting, overall, was decent, and there were a couple suspenseful moments. The movie kind of dragged on in parts I thought, and the big shocking/surprise ending wasn't as shocking/surprising as I thought it was going to be. All in all, I would say that this movie wasn't a complete waste of time, but thats about as far as I would go with my praise. I will say this though, M. Night Shyamalan's name is fast becoming synonomous with "one-trick pony". Hey there, M. Night, movies don't always have to have a crazy twist ending all the time, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home