Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Hooray for long weekends!

The weekend summary, now in convenient list form.

Foodstuffs consumed:
Clams and chips
Ham and roast beef sandwiches
Salad
Baked salmon
Roast beef and turkey
Baked ham
Potato salad
Coleslaw
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Mini crab wraps
Beef kebabs
Cream cheese and mango chutney dip
Bacon wrapped scallops
Curried chick peas
Cheese pizza
Jolly Rancher gummies

Beverages consumed:
approx. 30 Alexander Keith's India Pale Ales
4 bottles Oland (lager)
3 sips of poteen (pronounced "Pa-cheen, Scottish moonshine)
1 glass white wine
half of a Grasshopper (cocktail made with Creme de Menthe, Milk, Vodka maybe?)
1 shot whiskey

Number of relatives at family reunion: approx. 180
Number of relatives I actually recogonized at family reunion: roughly 25
Number of various insects that attempted to eat me alive: about 1000
Number of deer seen by the roadside in Cape Breton: 1
Number of "Moose Crossing" signs seen: 3
Number of times I complained about the heat: 100
Number of books I finished on the bus ride to Sydney: 1 ("The Club Dumas", by Arturo Perez-Reverte
Number of Tall Ships seen during the Parade Of Sail:between 30 and 40
Number of Tall Ships I actually knew anything about: 0
Number of times I was awoken from peaceful slumber on the bus by annoying children: 3

So there it is (or was, I suppose). With the large amouny of food and beer I consumed, I should be about 300 pounds now, but I'm pretty sure I sweated away most of that weight. Oh, and here's a little tip for anybody who plans to visit Margaree or any other part of northen Cape Breton: the flies there seem impervious to bug spray. Must be some weird genetic mutation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home