Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, July 26, 2004

The Weekend That Was

Friday:
4:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Got drunk (pickled, FUBARed, jagged up, wired to the tits, Boris Yeltsinned, tore up from the floor up, Kennedied, blotto, locked out of my mind) at the CS Society weekly Geekbeer.
10:15 PM - 2:30 AM: From there I headed over to the Marquee to catch Slainte Mhath. They were great, as usual. Downstairs in Hell, a band called Sharp Like Knives was playing. They were also good. Chatted with Alfred for a bit (as usual), and had some pizza. The pizza in Hell's Kitchen is the shiznit.

Saturday:
5:30-10:30ish: Went to the concert on Citadel Hill with a friend from work and a few of his friends. It was rainy, and I was soaked, but it wasn't too bad. Matt Mays & El Torpedo were great, and Hawksley Workman was okay too, I guess. I'm not really into his music, but at least he is a captivating performer. He certainly grabs an audiences attention (sometimes he goes a tad overboard with the theatrics, but I can let that slide). Hawksley certainly has his share of female fans, however. I know this because I was almost crushed to death when a throng of them bowled me over on their way to the front of the stage. At the end of his set, I mentioned to one of them that he should've have thrown the socks that he had stuffed in his crotch into the crowd, and she gave me the evil eye. I immediately apologized for my wisecrack against Mr. Workman's manly endowment (heh heh), then yelled quite loudly towards the stage, "Hawksley, I want you to touch my bathing suit area!!" This got quite a few laughs from most of the concert-goers in the immediate vicinity, but the "evil eye" girl told me to, and I quote, "Fuck off, loser!" So I did. The beer tent sucked (Coors Light is wack), but I had a few beer anyway. The headline act was Jim Cuddy, of Blue Rodeo fame. We didn't stay for most of his set, but from what I heard, he should probably just change the name of his band to "New Rodeo", because I couldn't tell the difference.

Sunday:
10:00 AM - 9:00 PM: Did Sweet Fuck All.
9:30 PM - 11:30 PM: Saw The Bourne Supremacy. I enjoyed it. If you like fast-paced, car chase, puncy-kicky movies that have confusing plots and crazy editing, go see it. If you don't like those kinds of movies, stop being such a panty-waist bee-otch and see it anyways. Or just go and see The Notebook or some such shit. Whatever.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Boost Ventilator said…

    Hey, didn't see you at the Marquee show...I got there around 12:30 (after the alFresco screening) and hung around to talk to the band. Stephan was there as well. Good times, good times.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    Yeah, I was near the back of the dancefloor, sucking back water trying to fend off the impending hangover (which I did, thank jeebus). By the time Slainte Mhath set was starting to ramp up, I was just so wiped I had to take off. Apparently Boyd is taking a cabinet making course in the fall. He's a true renaissance man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home