Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, July 12, 2004

Just 2 More Days Till Bastille Day!

Saturday night was spent at the Pogue Fado. Despite that, I actually had decent time (although my constant barrage of complaints against the music, the horrible bathroom line-ups, and the weird "linear" layout of the bar may have led some people to believe otherwise). You see, I can enjoy myself in almost ANY type of bar, as long as the company is good (and/or the booze is cheap enough). I am far from a bar-elitist. "Any port in a storm.", as the saying goes. That being said, this bar has all of the worst traits of the shittier bars back in Sydney, so needless to say, I probably won't become a regular at this place. If you live in Halifax, or plan to visit, and want to go to an Irish style pub, go to The Old Triangle instead. Sit down at the bar in front of the stage, order up a pint of Harp (or Guinness, if that's your poison) and the Curry & Chips, and pretend you're not in Halifax, but a quaint little local pub in County Cork or someplace. They did show some weird rodeo thingy on the TV above the bar though, so that was cool.


Go see Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, the new Will Ferell movie. I was almost in tears at some parts. I may even go see it again. Best comedy of the year so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home