Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, July 09, 2004

It's Frizziday all up in the hizzle, fo' shizzle!

While I was at Th Attic last night listening to The Hemingways, I ran into my good buddy Alfred. He's trying a crazy experiment that involves seeing how long he can go without drinking. I briefly considered the notion, then I ordered another beer. I fucking suck.


I went to Mary's Food Corner today for lunch, only to find out that the restuarant is changing hands. This was a bummer, until I found out that it was being replaced with a Chinese restuarant. They are in the middle of the changeover, and had some Chinese food on the menu. I got the Kung Po Chicken. It ruled. I am no longer bummed. However, I suddenly have a strange craving for pineapple chicken and Jar Doo chicken wings. Oh yeah, EAT AT LAM'S.


During lunch Mary's was playing the radio (C100 FM), and "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler came on. Now I can't get it out of my head. This sucks balls.


Somebody at the bar last night starting talking about Wheelies, the roller skating place Sydney had in the 80's. I'm not sure what it was called in your town, but every city or town probably had one of these. I have a theory that these places only existed because some shitty DJ had nothing better to do with his Styx, Journey, and Air Supply records. This one time at Wheelies my brother fell down in the middle of the rink, and some dude ran over his face. True story.


Top 5 Dishes At Lam's Restaurant (My favorite Chinese Restaurant)

  1. Pineapple Chicken - My good friend Shamus Blair never gets anything else when he goes to Lam's, and since he is a man of refined taste, I trust his judgement. You can have your vanilla, plain-Jane Sweet And Sour Chicken. This is the real shit, yo.

  2. Jar Doo Chicken Wings - In a city in which there is a "Wing Night" at random bars every night, these are still my vote for the best wings in Sydney. True dat.

  3. Cantonese Chow Mein - One of Minh's specialties, this stuff is to regular Chow Mein as Saved By The Bell is to Saved By The Bell: The College Years, ya heard me?!

  4. Beef And Broccoli - A classic. Beef is good. Broccoli is good. Beef And Broccoli is good.

  5. Almond Gai Ding - If it wasn't for this and the good people at Glosettes, I would never have a reason to eat almonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home