Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, July 08, 2004

"I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati..."

During lunch today, a co-worker and I began waxing nostalgic over old T.V. shows from the 80's. One of the shows that came up was WKRP. You all remember WKRP right? Herb, Venus Flytrap, Les Nesman, that dude who plays the Maytag repairman. I used to love that show, despite all of its late 70's/early 80's cheeziness. My co-worker mentioned that one of the main drawing points of the show to him as a teenager was Loni Anderson and her ridiculously tight-fitting wardrobe. I made the off-hand remark that I was more of a Bailey Quarters fan, and he instantly began laughing at me. I thought that it was common knowledge that Jan Smithers (the actress who played Bailey) was more attractive than Loni Anderson, and he replied with, "Man, it's those HUGE glasses! And her wardrobe couldn't have been more boring." So we preceeded to have one of those classic, utterly stupid, "Who's hotter than who?" arguments. Only guys seem to get into these. You know, "Ginger or Mary-Anne?", "Britney or Christina?", "Counsellor Troi or Dr. Crusher?", that sort of thing. I'm not sure who came out on top in our argument, but I'll leave you with this piece of evidence. I think the choice is obvious.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger iaingillis said…

    An addendum (Did I spell that correctly?):

    Ginger or Mary-Anne: I never watched Gilligan's Island.

    Britney or Christina: Christina's look is usually "Intergalactic Crack Whore", so Britney, I guess.

    Counsellor Troi or Dr. Crusher: Dr. Crusher. Troi was one of the most annoying characters in Star Trek history, so no matter how good she may look in a skin-tight uniform, I could never side with her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home