Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Hump Day (Hee hee, I said "hump")

I went to Stage Nine last night to take in some open mic action. This bar is quickly becoming one of my favorites in Halifax. Good music, good service, cheap (or no) cover. What more could you ask for? I showed up at the advertised start time of 9:00 PM, but of course, we all know that advertised start times are rarely accurate. To pass the time I sat outside at the patio bar and conversed with some of the staff. They played the Beastie Boys album "Licensed To Ill" in its entirety, which was awesome. The waitress recommended I try a drink called "Love Potion Number 9", which I believe was made with vodka, melon liquor, orange juice, and something else. Despite the bartender's warnings that it was "a girlie drink", I was game, so I ordered one. Then I ordered two more. Needless to say, I didn't feel 100% this morning. Ah well, such is the price for having a good time, I suppose. Anyhow, it's a good bar. Go there. Yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home