Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, July 22, 2004

"Hey, I'm all for the concept of meat on a stick, but this is ridiculous!"

Yesterday my roomate convinced me to try a delicacy that, up until this point in my life, I have never felt the urge to try. The Pogo Stick. For the few of you out there who don't know what a Pogo Stick is, it basically consists of a hot dog on a stick, dipped in batter. Let me repeat that: it basically consists of a hot dog on a stick, dipped in batter. Now, as horrible as that sounded to me, I am always game to try out new and exciting foodstuffs, so I bit the bullet and tucked in to a Pogo. If you are an intelligent human being and have never eaten one of these, this is what they look like:



The first bite was like Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon... "one small step for man, one giant leap for Iain's tastebuds." How does it taste, you ask. Well, it tastes exactly like a battered frankfurter on a stick. Use your imagination. Covering it with mustard alleviated the pain somewhat, but I can pretty much some with some degree of certainty that it was the first and last Pogo I have ever eaten. Luckily, I had a nice, cold bottle of Miller Genuine Draft to wash it down, so it wasn't all bad.

My next step is to find a supermarket that still sells sprayable cheese. Just imagine, a Pogo topped with sprayable cheese... it almost boggles the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home