Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Adventures in Snack Food Land

During lunch today I decided to go down to the Asian grocery near work and browse around for some snacks. Asian (especially Japanese) snack foods have always intrigued me, as they are usually, how should I put this, more "eclectic" than our snacks over here in Canadiana. I started out slow today by trying out Tomato Pretz. These things are thin, breadsticky-pretzel type dealies, coated in a salty flavouring agent. While the tomato flavour was far from overpowering, these guys are pretty good. There are some strange ingredients listed though: isomerized sugar (wha?), chicken extract (gah?), apple juice powder (zah?). Maybe tomorrow I'll finally try Pocky. I was intrigued by this package of wasabi flavoured roasted peas, but I don't think that I'm nearly that brave yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Not natto said…

    You should try chocolate snacks called
    collon
    not quite the same spelling but as chocolate filled snacks they are certainly off putting
    OR Calpis ...say it slowly
    white milky sweet cordial

     

Post a Comment

<< Home