Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, June 07, 2004

Weekend happenings

Wow, Halifax actually had a weekend with two full days of nice weather! The apocalypse must be near. Hopefully we'll be back to grey, cold, drizzly days soon.


Tumbleweed was fairly entertaining on Saturday. I was able to catch sets by The Spincycle Squared, Jon Epworth, The Special Noise, The Hold, and The Hemingways. Good, clean, Rock N' Roll fun was had by all. As Pete Townshend said, "The kids are alright." The fun had at the concert was negated later on that evening after watching the Calgary Flames go down in double-overtime to the Tampa Bay Lighting. Game 7 is tonight - I still think the Flames can pull it off.


On Sunday, myself, Mike, and Carlos (one of Mike's co-workers from da Maurizio's), went on a little excursion to Peggy's Cove to get some lobsters. Now, even though I was born and raised here in good ol' Nova Scotia, I can honestly say that I do not feel some mystical connection to the sea. Mind you, I grew up in Sydney, and while Sydney is a port town, it's a far cry from some quaint fishing village. I have to say though, that when we got to Peggy's Cove and just sat there on the rocks for a few minutes, it got me to thinkin' about this little province I live in. I find it hard to imagine what it would be like living somewhere where you aren't in close proximity to the sea. Going to places like Peggy's Cove reminds me that I was indeed born in a special little corner of the world. It's enough to make a man misty eyed. Now excuse me while I go drink some rum and sing sea shanties. Yar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home