Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Feelin' HOT, HOT, HOT!

From the "Praise Jeebus I Don't Live There Department":

Apparently the gods are angry in Honolulu, since the Mount Kilauea eruptions have prompted a new series of lava warnings. LAVA WARNINGS! What the fuck! I mean, yeah, okay, we had a pretty bad hurricane here last fall (by Nova Scotia standards), and we also had a pretty tough winter, but lava warnings! I'm never going to complain about the weather situation here again. I'm just thankful that I don't live on top of a massive volcano that could friggin' blow up any day now and cover my village in friggin' lava.

If you're ever in Honolulu and feel like watching some lava, here are some tips:
Lava safety tips
• Stay inside the National Park Service's rope perimeter.

• Do not go near the water and do not enter bench areas. Stay at least a quarter-mile inland.

• Move inland quickly if you hear cracking or booming sounds or other unusual noises.

Source: U.S. Geological Survey

From Fark.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home