Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Monday, May 31, 2004

Monday = Funday!

So I was bored out of my mind yesterday and decided to stop by the local cinema to catch a movie. That movie was Van Helsing. If horrible writing, an incoherent plot, terrible acting, and ridiculous CGI special effects make a good movie, than this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I was holding out hope that I would enjoy this, seeing as how I've always had a thing for the old Universal monster movies, like "Dracula" and "The Wolfman". I thought it would be good, cheesy, popcorn fun. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Some films are so bad that you can't even laugh at them. This was one of them.


My birthday is coming up (June 3). 25 years old. A quarter of a century. The march to middle age begins in earnest. Here is my possible itinerary for my birthday weekend (for those in Halifax, contact my ass and join the festivities and buy me booze):

Thursday, June 3: After work, go to Tom's, get Aglio E Olio (pasta with garlic, olive oil, crushed chilies, Parmesan), have several pints, reflect on the last 25 years of my existence. There is a slight possibility that I'll go to Hell's Kitchenat The Marquee to see Eugene Ripper. We'll see.

Friday, June 4: See Mark Bragg And The Black Wedding Band at Stage 9, Halifax's newest live music venue. Be there. Buy me booze.

Saturday, June 5: If the weather is decent, lounge around on the waterfront all day and swing by Sackville Landing to check out Tumbleweed 4, the all day, FREE outdoor rock concert. The Spincycle Squared are on the bill. Alfred Remo is a rock star. It's gonna be fun kids.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Jim Naka said…

    Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of godzilla toy for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on godzilla toy. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home