Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions

"For the sickness, that be spreadin with the quickness Remedies, cousin I be doin on my enemies Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories" - "Release Yo' Delf" by Method Man

Friday, May 21, 2004

The electric yellow's got me by the brain banana...

So I'm going to Sydney this weekend for my ex-girlfriend's wedding reception. This may sound weird, but I'm actually looking forward to it. The whole thing could just end up being a few hours of excruciating akwardness, but I seriously doubt it (and if it does come to that, I'm sure there will be plenty of booze around).


So I just read an article about the recent bombing of a wedding party in Iraq by the U.S. military, and a particular quote stuck out at me:

Gen. James Mattis of the U.S. Marine Corps, said his troops have nothing to apologize for, adding, "Let's not be naive, bad things happen in wars."


"Bad things happen in wars." Yeah, bad things happen in wars when you bomb a wedding party! It boggles the mind that somebody could actually throw off such a flippant and insensitive remark like that. Jesus.


Take a few breaths, count to 10...wind in the willows, wind in the willows. Okay, I'm better now. How bout some links to bring back the levity. Shazam!

Readin'
Watchin'
Listenin'
Hardy har har

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home